Monday, March 23, 2009

Faces of the Fairy Queen

Out then spoke the fairy Queen
And an angry queen she was
You have taken the finest knight
In all my company
Had I known but yesterday
What I know today
I’d have taken out your two grey eyes
And put in eyes of clay
And had I know but yesterday
You’d no more by my own
I’d have taken out your heart of flesh
And put in one of stone
(Fairy Queen – Tam Lin)



If I had to pick a character to represent me
I’d be the Fairy Queen
I’d be the Lady of the Woods
Of valley mist
Of morning dewglitter
The smell of rich brown earth
I’d have the love of wolves
Deep, loyal, fierce but true
I’d have respect and care to anger
Like natural forces do
I’d ride with power
Force and speed – thunder in the night
I’d warm the day and sweeten the breeze
To push all life’s hardships aside
I’d love to laugh
Try to carry a smile through every minute of every day
But realize that life takes work
Death and sometimes dismay
Be strong as the old Oaks and Willows
in the breeze remember to play
Let music play in the grass blades
Life itself carried in the light
Sun rich and giving, warm and living
Celebrations by moon through the night

No comments: