Monday, March 23, 2009

The me that was, am, going to be

What’s in a name
My name
One that not so many have

Once wanting to be like
Everyone else
Now grateful I’m not the same

Struggling to understand them
Wondering what goes through
Their brains

Lives that seem so unreal
People that seem so lost
Lives that seem so tame

But even on many good days
When I think I may have
Finally gotten it figure out

A moment will pass, a connection is dropped,
A glance at the reflection walking by
And I startle at the one I see

A moment of wonder to see that’s me

With all that swirls, voices and thoughts
A universe of echoes, agitations, contemplations, passions
Genius thoughts and frustrations

One day I can be unconquerable
The next wondering how to avoid
Complete failure

One moment juggling a thousand pieces
The next hoping to maintain
A sense of intelligence in conversation

Maybe it’s not all of them who are lost
Maybe I finally see
My brain has gone and left me
Here I’m floating in this sea

Moments of time, people and faces
All looking back at me
I open my mouth to assure them I’m normal
I hear a hollow sound

That voice was mine
Can seem lonely and echo
Not been used in too much time

Accidentally I see it
That person that is me
The eyes are calm
The face is smooth
and no one seems to have noticed

What’s in a name
My name
Seems I’m still there
That’s me

No comments: